10 Good Deeds That Cost You Nothing but Time
Many people don’t do as many good deeds as they would like to. They may think they take up too much time or they may not be sure where to start. Here are 10 good deeds that cost you nothing but time.
- You can give someone something that you have. Maybe it is a coffee maker, maybe earrings, maybe a shirt. They may need it more than you do.
- You can plant flowers for a neighbour; you can plant a tree in someone’s yard, or plant some bushes for a business that needs some help. By planting something, you can make the world a better place.
- Mow your neighbour’s lawn or clean their sidewalks.
- Offer to babysit a friend’s pet while they go shopping or go on a weekend away.
- You can offer someone advice or assistance with something. Go to the store for them. Pick up their dry cleaning.
- You can do some volunteering at your local food bank.
- Look through your home and donate things that are not needed any more. You could make someone’s day.
- You can make someone you love a gift. Often a handmade gift is much more wonderful than a bought one.
- Offer to carry someone’s groceries to the car for them.
- Make a card and send it to someone for no special reason – just a thought to tell them you are thinking about them is very kind.